Question: Where did this come from ?

SWHouston

Staff member
Fellas,

I've got a little 10" Coby DTV on the Breakfast Room table, for News, Weather and some Sports while we're eating. It's being fed by an Antennas Direct C-1, which is temporary, given I'm running new Cable to the Attic.

Anyway, did a auto-scan, and came up with 102 channels, which means 10 are watchable, and the rest are junk, but...

Among those, Ch 49.1/ION/Real Channel 32 came up, and when I toggled Ch Up, it moved to
49-100 which said it was Airbox, then next was
49-101 which said it was STARZ
for a total of 9 (QAM appearing) Channels, none of which showed any programming.

That TV does NOT have a QAM Tuner in it, anyone know why are these Channels showing up ?

Specs:
http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=detailsdisc&sku=CYTFTV1091

Last edited:

SWHouston

Staff member
SW, how do they bill on that thing? Does it have a menu/login screen? Have never heard of an Airbox before!
At this point, I have no idea. But if they do it like Comcast, and send a permission signal to their box, it's the sweetest thing since sliced bread and pockets ! ! !

I have been hoping/waiting SO long, for something to come along, where Comcast will have competition, rather than the two Stats. The way I read it is, you buy the box (a one time charge) and then pay for "ONLY" what features you want. (movies/sports/whatever). You don't have to buy a billion channels you won't watch anyway...
I think that's the way it works.

Last edited: