Where to buy the Converter Box?

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
There are a lot of different online vendors to chose from:

Velocity Store (Our sponsor)
Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
RadioShack.com - the nation's most experienced and trusted consumer electronics specialty retailers.
Solid Signal | Digital Converter Boxes, DIRECTV® Systems, HDTV Antennas, DISH Network, satellite equipment and home entertainment supplies & accessories

I'm not sure if Canadian retail stores carry converter boxes in stock, but the above online references will ship to Canada. One of our members posted a link to which stores carry the particular models you're looking for. I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks Jay, that would be very helpful. If I can't find a local store, then I'll take the online route. I still have time, Canada's conversion is Aug 31, 2011.

Last edited:
I live in Toronto and have narrrowed it down to three: Zenith DTT901; TVPal; Tivex 8. But where do I go and buy it???

Toronto, Canada
the dtvpal plus and the DTVPal dvr are sold by dish network, zenith can be had from several online sources as well as some radio shacks, I have no idea about the other box. also insignia is the same as zenith sold by best buy both are made by Lg :)