Where to watch 2014 Olympics?

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I'm going to post what I've found so far, and I'll throw the subject open to posts from anyone that has a good "find".

First, on broadcast TV, you can find events on your local NBC channel - but it's all delayed broadcasts.
You may also find events on other NBC pay TV channels such as NBC-Universal. NBC has locked down their internet streams and made them available only to pay TV customers - you will need your provider's credentials to log in - or your Uncle Ed's pay TV credentials ;) . NBC Olympics Live Extra Other possible online sources include foreign sources such as Russia Today (RT) or other international sources. Some sources may be geo-blocked, however.

If you have access to Ku or C-band satellite, NBC has feeds on AMC 1, 6, and 9 (Ku) and you may find some unencrypted feeds on Galaxy 14, 16, or 17 on "C" band. SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - nbc There also are reports of Olympics on Ku band satellites Satmex 8 116.8 (3719 H, 26999) and Satmex 6 (3833 H, 3620) - in Spanish.

Last edited:

MrPogi

Staff member
There's also a few internet sites that post live video feeds, but since they involve copyright infringement, I am choosing not to list them here. Sorry.

Thanks MrPogi! I still can't believe that NBC has gotten so tight with the Olympic broadcasts now, but online and over the air! At least by 2020, we might be back to what we all consider "Normal"!

MrPogi

Staff member
Thanks MrPogi! I still can't believe that NBC has gotten so tight with the Olympic broadcasts now, but online and over the air! At least by 2020, we might be back to what we all consider "Normal"!
It's not so much NBC as it is Comcast - who owns NBC. I knew this would happen when the FCC allowed Comcast to own NBC.

There's also a few internet sites that post live video feeds, but since they involve copyright infringement, I am choosing not to list them here. Sorry.
Yeah, but all of 'em that I had went up in smoke overnight. Somebody got some nasty cease and desist letters. :eyes: Undoubtedly there are more that cropped up in the meantime, but they'll probly get recycled within 24 hours. Easier to set up a VPN network as that article suggests. Still illegal, of course, but no end user has ever been charged for a one time violation -- yet.

Now, you decide to record your Olympic feed, and sell the files over the internet -- you're treading on veeeeery dangerous ground. A year in prison and something like a $200,000 fine (maybe more now) on the first offence!!

Rick