Which 55" HDTV is best for connecting to internet?

U

Unregistered

Is there an HDTV I should really be looking for that can do the whole internet tv, netflix, and Hulu better than other ones? I'm going to probably buy one next week.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
My opinion is that buying a smart TV is like buying a stereo with an integrated 8 track player. The technology is going to change, so why make your TV obsolete prone? Why not buy the best HDTV possible, and then get a streamer like a Roku or Apple TV? (I'm a Roku fan.) My stereo receiver is a 1982 model, and sounds better now playing MP3s than it did playing cassettes and LPs thirty years ago.

phudson126

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Go for the Samsung LED 55” 8000 Series Smart TV. You have all that a TV can offer you including internet service and all internet-related Apps. The TV is crystal clear and has a great sound technology as well.

n2rj

Staff member
My opinion is that buying a smart TV is like buying a stereo with an integrated 8 track player. The technology is going to change, so why make your TV obsolete prone? Why not buy the best HDTV possible, and then get a streamer like a Roku or Apple TV? (I'm a Roku fan.) My stereo receiver is a 1982 model, and sounds better now playing MP3s than it did playing cassettes and LPs thirty years ago.
I generally agree with this. But I would love to have a TV with a built in media center extender. I could just hang that on a wall with no shelf or set back boxes... hey why don't TV manufacturers make it easier to put set back boxes? Nah that would be too easy.