Which "Day" (Season) has been the best one so far?

Which Day of "24" is your favorite?

• Day One - Jack must stop the assassination of Sen. David Palmer

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Day 2: Jack must prevent a nuclear bomb from frying L.A.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Day 3: Jack helps President Palmer face a bio-weapons threat

• Day 4: Jack and CTU face multiple threats from Habib Marwan

• Day 5: David Palmer and others are killed, and Jack must find out who is behind it

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Day 6: Jack is freed from a Chinese prison, must face off against familiar enemies

• I don't watch 24!

• Total voters

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
Even though I watched all of Day Six without missing a single episode in 2007, and even though I'm one of 24's most loyal fans (I own all six DVD sets), I thought that it was the least successful season overall. I thought it had too many plots which tended to be echoes of other seasons' storylines, and I wasn't too enthused by the whole dysfunctional Bauer family bit, either.

My own pick for best season of 24 is a tie between Day 4 and Day 5, though most of the previous seasons were excellent. I liked the complexity of the chain of events that link both seasons together, and I thought Greg Itzin was really good as President Charles Logan.

If you're a 24 fan, which Day is your favorite, and why?

teresa

DTVUSA Member
As with any new series, I always think the first season is the best. I think that's when the writers really outdo themselves in setting up the story line. After that, sometimes it feels like the writers are just tryng to keep up with little or no imagination.

calvindale

DTVUSA Member
Season 1 or should I say Day 1:D. Day one was really the best for me with a good story. Specially the last episode of Day 1, I think that was the best episode of 24.

But hey we should watch out for Day 7 I think it's coming really soon.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
As with any new series, I always think the first season is the best. I think that's when the writers really outdo themselves in setting up the story line. After that, sometimes it feels like the writers are just tryng to keep up with little or no imagination.

In most cases, I would tend to agree.

There are, of course, exceptions to the "first season is the best" rule. Star Trek: The Next Generation started out okay but it had a lot of behind the scenes issues relating to Roddenberry and a revolving door-like succession of writers that hampered the series until Season 3. After that, ST-TNG found its footing and went on to television ratings success.

I'm not sure if I agree with you about 24 fitting into this paradigm, but it is a point well-made and has a lot of logic to it.

WaffleStomp

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Season five is by far, without a doubt the best season. So many awards for the actors, and I loved how it was sort of a political thriller too.

The way I think of it ( from left to right, based on how much I liked the season )

[5,3,2,4,1,6]

slider

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I thought day 5 was the best so far. This is a series that seemed to get better as it goes along. Stay away from the romantic subplots and stick with the suspense and action.

WaffleStomp

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I thought day 5 was the best so far. This is a series that seemed to get better as it goes along. Stay away from the romantic subplots and stick with the suspense and action.
I liked the little subplot between Audrey and Jack in seasons 4, 5, and 6.

Their sort of failing with what their attempting to do with Renne and Jack now though.