Which do you prefer? Watch TV or read a book?

flojever

DTVUSA Member
I love watching TV but if I don't like the show or I get bored I switch from watching TV to reading books.

I think watching TV and reading books are both fun and entertaining.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
They're completely different things, to me. I couldn't imagine replacing one with the other, any more than I could imagine choosing between water or bread.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Which do I prefer? I want to say book, but I spend more time watching TV. I do make an effort to read 30 minutes a night though. Most of the time I'm on the computer while watching TV so I still feel like I'm being somewhat productive. :)

I do both. but the last thing i think of when i decide to read a book is go out and buy a Kindle. i mean seriously. it's a freaking book. is it that hard to read something that's not a digital gadget anymore? what's wrong with a plain, printed, paper book? seriously our dependence on electronics and the internet has gone too far.

i stand by the fact that the most high-tech thing ever created by man was the pencil. it never needs batteries, it never crashes, and it comes with its very own delete button

There's plenty 'on', but the real problem is that what's 'on' isn't what i want to watch.

That and when there is something on to watch, it's replaced by sports. just as i get used to it.

Or a stupid show. Fox tried to get us old-timers going to their channel at 10:30, with a showing of M*A*S*H, but after three-five episodes, they put 'the office' in its place. stupid stupid move. had me and ya lost me. i really hate when the rug is laid out, all nice and red, then is pulled up from under me.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I'm not a reader at all and never have been. Quite honestly, reading puts me to sleep. However, I have a huge book collection. It's just that I have to be really motivated to read something. Now TV? It's on almost 24/7.

Does reading blogs on computers count? or just typing in random rhetorical questions into Google just to take humor at the Yahoo! Answers responses?

When there's nothing to watch and nothing to browse online (or you have an ancient Dell that hates Flash Player!) there's just nothing more joyful and funny than typing into Google for example, 'Why do you park on driveways and drive on parkways' just to see if an answer exists. you'd be surprised the reasons.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
In my church, even within my own circle, they sometimes differentiate between reading non-fiction ("better") and reading fiction (not). Reading anything electronic is probably "lower" than reading fiction on paper, and reading blogs even "lower" than that. :)

Does reading blogs on computers count? or just typing in random rhetorical questions into Google just to take humor at the Yahoo! Answers responses?

When there's nothing to watch and nothing to browse online (or you have an ancient Dell that hates Flash Player!) there's just nothing more joyful and funny than typing into Google for example, 'Why do you park on driveways and drive on parkways' just to see if an answer exists. you'd be surprised the reasons.
heheheheh, I thought only I did stuff like that :first:

In my house from the moment I walk in till the moment I walk out the TV is on, it don't matter what I do, i sleep with the TV on. Not only do I read with it on, I do a couple of things why? I have no idea I just do. Right now I am watching Brad Pitt in Troy and looking at forums. I think it is a mental disorder I dunno. But yea Love books! avid reader actually, seldom read real newspaper anymore, check all the news online.

matie1138

DTVUSA Jr. Member
depends on the tv show and depends on the book :p if one is better than the other, then I can go either ways, or simply none of them since you can always have your computer and the internet

I love the both.When i free than i read books but it getting bore me after some time.Than i watch My favorite tvshow and movies and all new movies which are released..........

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
They're completely different things, to me. I couldn't imagine replacing one with the other, any more than I could imagine choosing between water or bread.

My thoughts exactly.....

I would never want to choose between the two as they are so different. The one thing they do have in common is that they are both entertaining.

equitywiz

DTVUSA Jr. Member
At the moment I certainly read more than I watch t.v. Generally, I would say I watch more t.v. than read but I have made an effort to change that. So far so good :)