Who can tell me about this one

lalajean

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Can anyone here tell me about this brand of converter box. What are the features and whatever else you may know or have heard about it would be great.

12 volt capability

I bought two of these since I can power it with 12 volts DC. I have one of them mounted to my small Magnavox television. I built a DC cable that will allow me to plug my TV and the converter into the same 12 volt battery, thus making it portable. I also connected the telescoping antenna on the TV to the converter input.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I bought two of these since I can power it with 12 volts DC. I have one of them mounted to my small Magnavox television. I built a DC cable that will allow me to plug my TV and the converter into the same 12 volt battery, thus making it portable. I also connected the telescoping antenna on the TV to the converter input.
Pat,
how did you connect the antenna from your TV to your converter box? Is it actually connected by RF connector, is it wired internally into the TV, which would have to be removed by opening it up? Reason why I ask, is one forum member asked not too long ago about how to use their TV antenna (wired internally but telescoping), but none of us had an answer on how to connect it to a converter box.

Last edited:

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
This one is the most smelliest one I have encountered. It was made in August 2008, but both the converter and remote still reek of uncured plastic.

One interesting button on the remote is the "Freeze" button.