Why can't I find this man's salary?

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I've looked all over the internet, and I can't find any information on what you and I are paying this ass clown, Benjamin Stuart, for his "made up" position of "Scholar in Residence" AKA the FCC's broadcast TV hitman. This position never existed at the FCC before Julius Genachowski created this position just for his buddy.

Has anyone seen information about what we are paying this idiot?

Professor Stuart Benjamin joined the Commission in December 2009 as the agency’s first Distinguished Scholar in Residence. He resides in OSP and works on spectrum reform, First Amendment issues, and long-term strategy. He is on leave from Duke Law School, where he is the Douglas B. Maggs Professor of Law. He specializes in telecommunications law, the First Amendment, and administrative law.

Before teaching law, he clerked for Justice David H. Souter of the U.S. Supreme Court; worked as an attorney-advisor in the Office of Legal Counsel in the U.S. Department of Justice; worked as an associate with Professor Laurence Tribe; and served as a staff attorney for the Legal Resources Centre in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

From 1997 to 2001, he was an associate professor of law at the University of San Diego School of Law, and from 2001-2003 he was the Rex G. & Edna Baker Professor in Constitutional Law at the University of Texas School of Law.

Professor Benjamin is co-author of Telecommunications Law and Policy (1st ed. 2001, 2nd ed. 2006), has written numerous law review articles, and has provided testimony to the Senate as a legal expert. He received his J.D. and B.A. from Yale. He can be contacted by phone at (202) 418-2905.

FOX TV

Contributor
I've looked all over the internet, and I can't find any information on what you and I are paying this ass clown, Benjamin Stuart, for his "made up" position of "Scholar in Residence" AKA the FCC's broadcast TV hitman. This position never existed at the FCC before Julius Genachowski created this position just for his buddy.

Has anyone seen information about what we are paying this idiot?

Professor Stuart Benjamin joined the Commission in December 2009 as the agency’s first Distinguished Scholar in Residence. He resides in OSP and works on spectrum reform, First Amendment issues, and long-term strategy. He is on leave from Duke Law School, where he is the Douglas B. Maggs Professor of Law. He specializes in telecommunications law, the First Amendment, and administrative law.

Before teaching law, he clerked for Justice David H. Souter of the U.S. Supreme Court; worked as an attorney-advisor in the Office of Legal Counsel in the U.S. Department of Justice; worked as an associate with Professor Laurence Tribe; and served as a staff attorney for the Legal Resources Centre in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

From 1997 to 2001, he was an associate professor of law at the University of San Diego School of Law, and from 2001-2003 he was the Rex G. & Edna Baker Professor in Constitutional Law at the University of Texas School of Law.

Professor Benjamin is co-author of Telecommunications Law and Policy (1st ed. 2001, 2nd ed. 2006), has written numerous law review articles, and has provided testimony to the Senate as a legal expert. He received his J.D. and B.A. from Yale. He can be contacted by phone at (202) 418-2905.
Isn't he one of Osama Obama's illegal and unconstitutional Czars? Did you forget that they are appointed by the anointed one, and their pay level is a big secret, along with their purpose for existing? And by the way..They are in direct conflict with the U.S. Constitution, but who pays attention to that old piece of paper these days anyway. The U. S. Constitution is just soo...Yesterday, and soo irrelevant to those who are supposed to uphold the rules and LAWS of that very document. He even looks like a weasel to me, How about you?

Last edited:

MrPogi

Staff member
He even looks like a weasel to me, How about you
He has "Weasel" written all over him.
benjamin.jpg
And his law degrees. And that abomination of a paper he wrote.

The position was created by Julius, it never existed before.

While I can't and don't blame Obama for the current mess, being the result of failures and corruption over many years by both parties, I really hope that he looses the next election. Not that his successor will be any better, but it will force a house cleaning at the FCC.

Last edited:

FOX TV

Contributor
He has "Weasel" written all over him. And his law degrees. And that abomination of a paper he wrote.

The position was created by Julius, it never existed before.

While I can't and don't blame Obama for the current mess, being the result of failures and corruption over many years by both parties, I really hope that he looses the next election. Not that his successor will be any better, but it will force a house cleaning at the FCC.
I agree that the time frame for the apparent destruction of this countries economy has Boom Boom stains on it from both parties. The only reason I single out Osama is because he is the current ring leader, and because of the last minute attempt by the Dummyycrats to shove 1.2 trillion more of wanton and intentional waste in our faces in the last hours of the Dummycrats Reign.

This almost proves that the agenda of wanton destruction of this fine nation is intentional, and they want it so badly, because when the people have to depend on Government for basic necessities of life, they then have the populace under their control, and the greed for power and riches is what fuels their desire to destroy this country from inside. It eats at them constantly, and it also erodes that virtue of honesty that I call TESTICULAR FORTITUDE.

Last edited:

FOX TV

Contributor
The weasel has first amendment written all over his face, but I can't really see why this makes him an expert in communications, especially regarding the "TECHNICAL" aspects of any type of Broadcasting. The first amendment is kind of like the commerce clause that is basically a place and a way to legalize anything they want under this type of catch all ruling. If they can't find a specific or logical and legal argument for an issue, they just drop it in under the Commerce Clause, which was intentionally designed for that purpose. Where is the TESTICULAR FORTITUDE these days?

MrPogi

Staff member
His paper - and the FCC stance on OTA TV and the "redistribution of the airwaves" - begs the question,

Should the government be in the business of putting businesses out of business? Especially when done by unelected officials and appointees?

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
Perhaps an even better question to ask is, why are there NO broadcast engineers or a single 'minor' significant person involved in broadcast engineering is currently involved or remotely in charge of running the FCC? From what I have read, ATTORNEYS now run the Federal Agency under B.O.

HUH? Get a degree and you get to change the world, so if you are completely unqualified and have NO CLUE what the ultimate results of your actions will do ... You are HIRED. Why?

Would NFL Football or NASCAR be best run by outside attorneys or the way it currently is, by people who have been directly involved with those sports for many years?

Those ideas are NONSENSE, but then again I am a realist.

Jim

Last edited:

MrPogi

Staff member
Perhaps an even better question to ask is, why are there NO broadcast engineers or a single 'minor' significant person involved in broadcast engineering is currently involved or remotely in charge of running the FCC? From what I have read, ATTORNEYS now run the Federal Agency under B.O.
The only comissioner without a LAW DEGREE: Biography of FCC Commissioner Mignon Clyburn

The complete lack of broadcasters or engineers in the FCC is a joke.