Why do I have to sort and filter the channel selection fly-out so often? - Time Warner TV

This question is about "Why do I have to sort and filter the channel selection fly-out so often?", with Time Warner Cable TV and apps. To change channels (Live TV) I click on the program I am watching to get a fly-out menu from the left side. The menu is sorted by A-Z (networks) and filtered by AllChannels. These are not the filter and sort options I find helpful so I go into the Guide to change them. I also select the channels I want in my "favorites" lineup. Then, without any rhyme or reason, all my selections will disappear at some later time, and I have to go through the exercise again.

I found the "recently watched" filter option to be very useful, but it comes and goes unpredicatably also. It is the most useful option,and I would like it to always be there..

Is all of this a bug you need to fix, or is there something I am doing wrong?

Channel selection is very inconvenient and confusing. I can not find an explanation of how it is supposed to work. Where can I find some simple clear instructions to untangle this mess?

This topic covered Why do I have to sort and filter the channel selection fly-out so often?, and TWC cable tv service.