Why isn't there a new episode tonight?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
I was all ready to watch tonight, and there's no new episode?!?! Fox is airing, "The Secrets of Fringe", instead, which is cool, but are there that many fans of the show that actually want to see this yet??

Taki

DTVUSA Member
All networks started breaking the season into 4 week parts back about a decade ago. They usually show the preceding 4 shows again before airing new episodes. Its at this point I usually drop watching a series because I get bored with watching repeats I have seen within a month's time. I don't like it.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
All networks started breaking the season into 4 week parts back about a decade ago. They usually show the preceding 4 shows again before airing new episodes. Its at this point I usually drop watching a series because I get bored with watching repeats I have seen within a month's time. I don't like it.
You know, though, there are only so many episodes that can be filmed within a certain budget and period of time, and the "TV year" is only 26 weeks long, plus the networks have other events and holiday programming to air.

Maybe if Fox canceled the withering "Prison Break" and allotted its time slot to Fringe and ordered more consecutive airings, some viewers might be happy.

I watch Fringe by internet stream. I honestly don't know whether they are new episode or not. I do know I like what I am seeing and hopefully by the time I finish watching these there will be new ones.

For some reason a lot of shows aren't coming out with the new episodes until next week. My boyfriend was very disappointed that there wasn't a new episode and I just found out there isn't going to be a new episode of my favorite show on Friday...so yeah not too happy that I have to wait until Dec. 5th! Oh well, I guess that just comes with the holidays.

I was all ready to watch tonight, and there's no new episode?!?! Fox is airing, "The Secrets of Fringe", instead, which is cool, but are there that many fans of the show that actually want to see this yet??
It happens from time to time on different shows, especially during the writer strike last year. I think Fringe is a new show right? Maybe they haven't made a lot of episodes yet because Fox just recently added it to their line-up after it's pilot episode?

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
Perhaps it's the after-effects of the writer's strike, too, but really, it's mostly the way the networks have to stagger their programming and the length of production in writing and filming the episodes.

attagirl

DTVUSA Member
I agree it would have been a lot of fun to watch. I am not sure why there would be repeats but obviously they have their reasons for airing them. I think with the writers strike that makes a very big difference.