WIFI disconnects multiple times a day using ARRIS DCX-3600M TWC Router - Time Warner

WIFI disconnects multiple times a day using ARRIS DCX-3600M TWC Router - Time Warner

This question is about "WIFI disconnects multiple times a day using ARRIS DCX-3600M TWC Router", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. I have a recurring issue where the TWC WIFI is completely unreliable and either disconnects completely, won't allow connections ("authentication error"), or remains connected to the network but without internet access.

I 've tried using WIFI analyzers to determine the best channel. I've tried both setting a specific channel and setting the auto feature to find the best channel, all to no avail. I do have a 2.4Ghz cordless phone in the house but it's no where near the router. We see this same issue on laptops and on mobile phones so it's not a hardware issue on the devices. I have seen the same issue whether I conntect to the 2.4Ghz network or the 5Ghz network on the router so I don't think it's completely related to others in my neighborhood competing for the same channels.

Recently I've had no choice but to restart the router sometimes as much as 3-4 times a day to maintain any type of connectivity.

If anyone has anything I can try whether it's on the router config or on our specfic devices it would be appreciated!

Thanks!

This topic covered WIFI disconnects multiple times a day using ARRIS DCX-3600M TWC Router, and TWC cable internet service.