Wii is awesome

Got a Wii game for my birthday and really enjoy it. Then, DH bought me the Wii fit when it became available. It is totally awesome. Anyone else care to share their opinions on it?

Gate Keeper

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I love Wi-Fi connectivity for playing but I haven tried playing with either Playstation, Xbox or Nintendo that are the gaming consoles more commonly used.

My experience playing via Wi-Fi comes from role playing games I have been accessing via my iPod touch, which comes built with Safari Web Browser, then you can play and surf the web wherever there is an Internet connection available.

Even though I have spent the whole week playing at Neopets.

Boss Hog

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I got my Wii as kind of a fluke. I happened to walk into a store right when they got them in and got the last one. I also have the Wii fit, is awesome as well. You have to try mario kart completly fun hard to stop playing though

Gate Keeper

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Mario Kart! How much enjoyed that game in Nintendo 64, in fact after that game I change my preferences from Mario to Wario.

I¡m back after dinning out with a friend and I told him about this forum and shared this question, then he made me aware that one thing is Wi-Fi, and another very different Wii, that is the console that Nintendo launched after Game Cube.

WOW, live to learn :)

My wife and I bought our Wii back in April just before the kids got out of school. Sometimes it's just too hot where I live for the kids to play outside, so they end up playing Wii Sports. My 4 year old is just fun to watch when he bowls. Absolutely no form and he manages to get strikes and spares. He also knows golfing terms now because of Wii Sports.

kathleen9845

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I love Wi-Fi connectivity for playing but I haven tried playing with either Playstation, Xbox or Nintendo that are the gaming consoles more commonly used.

My experience playing via Wi-Fi comes from role playing games I have been accessing via my iPod touch, which comes built with Safari Web Browser, then you can play and surf the web wherever there is an Internet connection available.

Even though I have spent the whole week playing at Neopets.
I think he meant is wii not wi fi, Its different by the way, and wii is Nintendo. think you are a little bit off topic here.

I love Wii also the wii fit, you work out while having fun. Isn't that awesome.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
His friend beat you to it Kathleen. See Gate Keeper's second post. :)

For now Wii is the better choice with great games, a cheap price and a decent controller.

I just had to come in and brag about my 6 year old. He came up to me and my wife and announced that he had 7 strikes in a row. He was just so happy. The Wii has been great for my family.

illytodd

DTVUSA Member
I have yet to try this system. It looks like it's a neat concept but I would be worried about the controller flying through the air and breaking something. lol. I would like to see how well the Wii Fit works too but don't think I will purchase one anytime soon.

The controllers have wrist straps and can be tightened around the wrist but not to tight. The greater concern is being too close to objects that can be knocked over as you swing your arms. :)

acwriter

DTVUSA Member
My kids really want one too, but the price tag is a little too high for my comfort. If I got one I would also want to get a Wii Fit at the same time. We could all use more exercise and this product looks like a good way to get it without having to leave your livingroom.
Finally a gaming system that works more than your fingers.

I absolutely love my wii. It's the best game system out there. I need to play it more often. I love doing the wii fit. That game really does make you work out. I'm not a serious gamer so the fun games that the wii has are more up my alley.

kaylaris

DTVUSA Jr. Member
My kids really want one too, but the price tag is a little too high for my comfort. If I got one I would also want to get a Wii Fit at the same time. We could all use more exercise and this product looks like a good way to get it without having to leave your livingroom.
Finally a gaming system that works more than your fingers.
You definately do need Wii Fit and I would pay the money just to be able to use that, I use mine everyday and it is so fun, it is really addictive and the kids would love it. Better than sitting on the lounge to play video games though my brother in law found ways to play tennis whilst sitting on the lounge :rolleyes:

antkmom

DTVUSA Member
I am so jealous! I really want to get a wii, but we haven't been able to fit it in our budget yet. Maybe this year.
I am glad to hear that you love it and also wii fit. Are you getting fitter by using it?

pghmyn

DTVUSA Member
I love that you can get up and be interactive with your gaming console. The games available for Wii have revolutionized gaming as we know it today. I think that every family with younger children should have one.

theremote

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Wii is the greatest system to bring some people over and then have some fun. Invite some of your friends over, get some good food and snacks, and then have a great night!

If you think Wii is awesome, you are not a real gamer. Awesome games come from a real gamers choice, the PC and the xbox 360. Try COD4 multiplayer in the PC and define me the word awesome again.

TonyT

DTVUSA Member
If you think Wii is awesome, you are not a real gamer. Awesome games come from a real gamers choice, the PC and the xbox 360. Try COD4 multiplayer in the PC and define me the word awesome again.
haha give me a break. What's the difference? I see this all the time on Wii forums. "You're not a man unless you game on XBOX or PS3." :thumb: BTW: Cost to play COD4 on PC with latest graphics card: $1,250.00. Cost to play Wii COD4 on Wii with slightly lower frame rate: $275.00.