Question: Will You Miss Piers Morgan?

Yup, its official...he's planning his exit from CNN:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/24/b...-and-cnn-plan-end-to-his-prime-time-show.html

"It’s been an unhappy collision between a British television personality who refuses to assimilate — the only football he cares about is round and his lectures on guns were rife with contempt — and a CNN audience that is intrinsically provincial. After all, the people who tune into a cable news network are, by their nature, deeply interested in America."

Personally, I never connected with him. Having lived in Europe for a bit, I understand the anti-gun view they have; however, I understand the generally pro-gun view we have in the States. I think he could have stood his ground with a bit more tact and connected better though vice taking an "I'm smarter than you" approach which ultimately turned everyone off to his program.

On the bright-side...at least he is not being deported :)

He kind of alludes to his main problem in the various interviews...his failure to connect to the American culture. I think most fans of "pick a network news broadcast" appreciate a fresh point of view; however, they do expect you to do like all of the other expats had done before (since we're 99% a country of expats) and understand where everyone comes from. Now, the main question is this...does Larry King get re-birthed??? Or someone fresh?

Ha! I like to turn the other cheek in most cases...my vote for Piers was simply to turn him off when he got too annoying...Now if we could just get Justin Bieber to return to Canada...

SamuelB

DTVUSA Member
I barely even know who that is! I've heard the name somewhere but... Well, always sad when someone has to quit, whatever they quit. But I don't really care here. Sorry :(

I'm paying attention to the Bieber court case in Miami now...the fact he turned down a plea to do community service so he won't have to get drug tested is a little ridiculous...we'll have to see how it plays out!
For Piers Morgan, I'm sure he's going to land in another cushy gig for CNN or someone...too high profile not to do so!

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Now I don't know who piers is but, as far as Justin Bieber..... I personlly think the little brat needs to get his butt knocked down a few, maybe he will realize he isn't so high and mighty!!!! If that don't work he needs to leave.

Piers is just about as popular with adults as Bieber....will be interesting to see how Bieber's court case in Miami turns out though. I bet het gets off somehow!

This is a strange one for me as I lived most of my life in the UK when Piers Morgan was an editor of one of the biggest national newspapers and a TV host and celebrity judge. Back then I - like most Britons - regarded him as a charmless prick, a tabloid hack and toe-curling annoyance. I could never understand his popularity in the US...except for the fact that Americans seem to like our least likable exports! However, I actually found him - unbelievably - to be the voice of reason in the media debate about gun crime and violence in the US and his unremitting stance of opposition an admirably moral defense of what's right against extreme, amoral viewpoints. He made that show about news and challenging guests not just cosying up to celebrities. So I'm glad America is over him, but I hope his replacement lives up to what Piers did morally and journalistically.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
However, I actually found him - unbelievably - to be the voice of reason in the media debate about gun crime and violence in the US and his unremitting stance of opposition an admirably moral defense of what's right against extreme, amoral viewpoints.
The real issue in the gun debate is freedom vs. the antichrist leviathan state (i.e. the beast from Revelation). I don't know how people can be so foolish to give the most dangerous criminal gang in human history (the government) exclusive use of arms. Except for the fact that the beast (i.e. the government) is one of the most prominent and persistent human idols. (Daniel 3)

The Bible And Gun Control - Gun Owners of America