Will You Watch X-Factor?

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Seems as if Simon is bringing his British show "X=Factor" to America next year. I admit I like the X-Factor a lot beter than Idol, but have to resort to YouTube to watch the shows. I will definitely be tuning in to X-Factor and out of A.I.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
The two shows are not being presented as alternatives to each other -- they are deliberately being scheduled so that they will not be broadcast during the same season: American Idol will remain a Winter/Spring show, while X Factor will be presented in Fall of 2011.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Right, I understand that they are not alternatives to each other, but X-Factor will be an alternative to me since I doubt I will tune into AI without Simon there. Where he goes I will follow. I also like the fact that X-Factor allows groups and no age limit for the older singers.

bicker

DTVUSA Member
I'll probably think about watching both. American Idol without Simon would be half as good, and so that will still place it better than most of what's on television these days. I'm curious to see how X Factor works. If it is too much like America's Got Talent, then I'll be turning it off quickly.

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
I'll probably check it out. I've already cut back on Idol. I don't really watch any of the auditions because they are more like 'let's see who we can make fun of this week' shows. Plus, it's opposite Dancing with the Stars sometimes, and I prefer DWTS.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
You can check out X-Factor on YouTube to see if you like it. I will definitely tune in just because of what I have seen so far. And yes, Simon definitely is half of the show (AI) if not more :).