Wipeout

Checkout Wipeout on Tuesday's on ABC for some good laughs at the expense of the contestants on this show who are out to win the $50,000.00 prize. You are sure to have some gut busters as you watch them fight through the obstacles to win the prize. It's great to see the former Talk Soup host, John Henson again too. I'd forgotten how he can deliver the humor.

Last week they had the "Wipies" Award for the best of show so far for various competitions. Worth checking that show when it's rerun.

teresa

DTVUSA Member
You're right, this does make for a good laugh. Watching one blubber ball trying to make it to a rubber ball and falling in the mud just makes for good slap stick humor. Great show.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
You're right, this does make for a good laugh. Watching one blubber ball trying to make it to a rubber ball and falling in the mud just makes for good slap stick humor. Great show.
I like this show too, reminds me of MXC (Most Extreme Elimination Challenge) on Spike TV.

The last Wipeout episode I saw about a week or so ago, there were two contestants that were lucky to make it through the rubber ball obstacle without breaking a leg...guess it makes for great television though. :eek: :p

teresa

DTVUSA Member
OOOH, don't say break a leg. The humor is great when you see someone willing to go through an almost impossible obstacle course with the lure of some big money prize at the end, but when it comes to getting hurt, all I can think of is America's Funniest Home Videos. I can't stand adults willing to let their children or pets risk getting hurt just for some good video. Doesn't seem right.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I can't stand adults willing to let their children or pets risk getting hurt just for some good video. Doesn't seem right.
I would always cringe when watching 16 year olds or younger, ride All Terain Vehicles or scooters on America's Funniest Home Videos. Usually it'll involve them running into a parent or falling off.....which to me, isn't that funny.

Although, come to think of it, I don't think I've seen many ATV/Scooter videos on recent (2000-2008) episodes. They've probably done away with them.

Wipeout just follows the long tradition of strange and funny Japanese game shows. I remember one show where the contestants had to drink a lot of beer and then sit on a block of ice. About 50 yards from the block of ice were a row of outhouses. The contestant who could hold it the longest was the winner. It was great.

laparks

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Wipeout has got to be one of the funniest shows that I've watched on tv in a long time. The ************ier the attitude of the contestant, the louder and harder I laugh when they get wiped out!!!

I'm quite content to watch and laugh but there's no way in this world that I'd ever want to try it myself. lol

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Wipeout has got to be one of the funniest shows that I've watched on tv in a long time. The ************ier the attitude of the contestant, the louder and harder I laugh when they get wiped out!!!

I'm quite content to watch and laugh but there's no way in this world that I'd ever want to try it myself. lol
No kidding! Some of those people get punished on that show!