wireless network is dropping my printer - Time Warner Internet

This question is about "wireless network is dropping my printer", with Time Warner Cable internet and apps. I am having a problem keeping my wireless printer active on the wifi network. When i turn on the printer, my Macs can connect to it and print with no problems. If I printer at regular intervals (like when working from home), it will print all day. Once I let the printer sit idle for an extended time, it seems the network drops it and i cannot connect to the printer. if I power off and on the printer, or the router, it reconnects and works. I've swapped the printer (HP and Epson) and it happens on both printers. I'm using a Ubee AWG gateway. Thoughts?

This topic covered wireless network is dropping my printer, and TWC cable internet service.

G

TWC wireless Dropping printer wireless signals

I'm having the same problem only with Windows 7 PC's. Same UBEE modem/router. Just switched to TWC when the problem started. I've had the problem for over a week now. Had 7 call to HP Support and 5 to TWC Tech Support and problem is as bad as ever.

Have you found a solution yet?

David

Jim5506

DTVUSA Member
You have two problems, printing wirelessly and Apple computers. ;^)

Seriously, this is probably a problem with your router, have you tried rebooting it instead of turning the printers off and on.

Can you specify a static IP for your printers, so when they go into power saving mode they still have an IP to reconnect to your network?

Last edited: