Wireless receiver with WAP has "U-Verse TV not available" error. Restart receiver. -

Wireless receiver with WAP has "U-Verse TV not available" error. Restart receiver. -

I have a new receiver with WAP set-up in the bedroom. I followed all instructions. The WAP has a blinking green line for both link and pair. When the receiver starts up, I get the "please wait (with 3 dots)" message on the TV. I then see "connection successful!" The receiver restarts and the ATT logo comes on the screen with the spinning circle in the bottom right corner. Then... error message.

I have restarted the gateway multiple times. I've unplugged and plugged back in. Other receivers work great.

I chatted with Stella online with tech support. She took the receiver ID# from me, had me unplug the unit and diagnosed something on her end that she "cleared for me". She told me to wait up to 2 hours after I plugged the receiver back in and that I could "rest assure" that it would work. It didn't work 2 hours later... it doesn't work 12 hours later.

Is my hardware junky? Also, my receiver flashes a red dot alternating with the 5-bar, green wi-fi symbol.

Help! Please?

This question, "Wireless receiver with WAP has "U-Verse TV not available" error. Restart receiver.," is about DirecTV channels, programming, equipment, and sports.