Wisconsin Translators

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
Which Wisconsin translators? All the Wisconsin PBS translators should be operating digitally now.

- Trip

Piggie

Super Moderator
Anyone know the status on Wisconsin translators and how many are staying analog after the digital transition? I should have probably bought analog pass-through with my converter.
Wait till this weekend. Disconnect your converter box and see if you see any analog you want. Then put the converter back in place turn it on and then off, to see if it has analog pass-through in it by trying to tune the analogs your saw.

If it turns out any are really important to you, now would be the time to find a DTVPal or Insignia with APT and buy it.

to my understanding any converter box can do analog pass through, you just have to keep the box shut off and flip through your tv's channels

thats how mine works

Piggie

Super Moderator
to my understanding any converter box can do analog pass through, you just have to keep the box shut off and flip through your tv's channels

thats how mine works
Nope, the first Zenith and Insignia (that don't end in APT) don't. I have one of those Insignia's.

with no analog pass through.

That is why I recently bought even without a coupon a DTVPal Plus to hook to one TV were I use the Analog Pass through as Digital Pass Through. Why? The DTVPal has a much better receiver on VHF than the TV I it hooked on. So when I tune JAX VHF towers (61 miles , 2 edge) I use the converter. For local UHF I turn it off and watch Gainesville UHF digital.

Last edited: