With all this conspiracy talk here's some humor

YouTube - Creepy Anti-Cable (Pay TV) PSA from the 70's

A sick sort of humor, in the 1970s this was a real PSA that aired about cable TV. ie Pay Television. it used to claim it being 'evil' even though it was a simple choice made by the consumer.

With this talk of camera hoaxes, conspiracy theories regarding digital television i thought i'd relive memory lane for humourous aspect. i mean how well did these older conspiracy theorists do? haha!

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member

A sick sort of humor, in the 1970s this was a real PSA that aired about cable TV. ie Pay Television. it used to claim it being 'evil' even though it was a simple choice made by the consumer.

With this talk of camera hoaxes, conspiracy theories regarding digital television i thought i'd relive memory lane for humourous aspect. i mean how well did these older conspiracy theorists do? haha!
:D:rolleyes: Can you imagine broadcast execs brainstorming this one in a board meeting. "What's the most effective way to keep people from subcribing to cable service. We'll try to scare the !!@@ out of them" haha

ROFL, that's ridiculous. Maybe there is some kind of rhyme and reason to the conspiracy wackos out there...

I'm not sure, as i didn't quite live in the 1970s, but i kinda like researching that decade for some reason, and it came up on youtube. it was probably one that is ran on any channel, kinda like other PSAs like anti-drug, and of course our own DTV ads.

Remember Bert the Turtle though back during the cold war? that was even more rediculous, duck and cover, yeah, and kiss your butt goodbye lol the worst part is our own Defense Department ran that bunk. i can post that one too if ya want, it's all on youtube.

I think it was aired during previews at movie theatres:

"Go to the lobby of the theatre and sign the petition to SAVE free TV"

BTW i find it creepy how it is loosly similar to the DTV transition ads.

"If you have an analog television and rabbit ears, you will need a converter box to continue to view FREE TV"

Part of this old PSA just reminds me of those new ads in some way.

Weeguy

DTVUSA Member

Almost as creepy as this guy :)