***World Trade Center*** versus ***Empire State Building***

jonnyd97

DTVUSA Member
Hello men! I am operating a Winegard HD7694P aerial along with the RCA TVPRAMP1R preamplifier. 38 miles from Manhattan New York, as the crow flies. I get the following stations, marginally: 2.x, 4.x, 5.x, 7.x, 9.x, 11.x, 13.x, 21.x, 31.x, 41.x and 55.x as well. I believe that the signals from 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11 and 13 are currently broadcast from the top of the Godzilla Building.

It is my understanding that "some time in 2015" these signals will be broadcast instead from the new "Freedom Tower" World Trade Center.

Here is my TV Fool report if you have the time to take a glance at it.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=2c15bd379611c9

My questions are as follows.

First of all am I at least somewhat correct in my above assumptions? Secondly, might my reception improve after such change? Also does anyone know specifically when such change will take place? And, finally, does anyone know which stations will be affected by such change?

Thank you again very much!

Jon

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
At 38 miles, I doubt that the switch will make much difference to you. It may not even be as much as a degree apart (I'm much too lazy to do the math!)

jonnyd97

DTVUSA Member
Thank you Mr Pogi!

Yes I agree that the directionality will probably not change, as far as my antenna sees it. But there is a massive difference in antenna height between Empire State Building and WTC1. There is an even greater difference between 4 Times Square and WTC1 of course as well!

I don't know I guess I was just looking for a small amount of improvement because there is a land mass (mountain) a few miles from my house that gets in the way of my line-of-sight signal between Manhattan and Norwalk CT.

Thanks again sir!

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Other than still unknown differences in broadcast power (should stay the same) and antenna orientation, I think the move should only serve to improve your reception.