World's first multi-stream, multi-room wireless HDTV system

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
HDTV Magazine - World's first multi-stream, multi-room wireless HDTV system

From the article:

"ProVision Communications will demonstrate AXAR2010, the world's first wireless, quad channel, multi-room HD video system at the CableLabs Summer Conference in Keystone Colorado, August 15-18.

The AXAR2010 can simultaneously stream four independent 1080p HD video channels over a standard 5GHz 802.11n wireless network throughout a home. The system is highly robust, reliably steaming the HD video through walls and floors to multiple HDTVs and mobile devices.

The technology's introduction means, for the first time, a household will be able choose to watch HD content streamed from four different sources in the living room – for example two live HDTV channels, a Blu-ray movie and a recorded TV programme on the PVR – and watch them simultaneously in any room in the home." ...

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
This makes sense. It'll also reduce the need for many costly boxes, down to one mega costly box. ;)

All joking aside, it'll reduce construction costs for running wires in walls and reduce electronics clutter dramatically in bedrooms.

n2rj

Staff member
I do the same thing via windows media center and with the addition of my Ceton InfiniTV 4 I can now tune 4 digital cable channels in addition to 6 ATSC and 2 analog cable.

FOX TV

Contributor
This makes sense. It'll also reduce the need for many costly boxes, down to one mega costly box. ;)

All joking aside, it'll reduce construction costs for running wires in walls and reduce electronics clutter dramatically in bedrooms.
All true, but it will add to the RF pollution factor also, and this microwave soup we are all living in is growing at an alarming pace without knowing its future repercussions to our health.