Worst. Advert. Ever.

Piggie

Super Moderator
Shamwow

I am sure there is worse but I know currently this one makes me crazy.

I really hate people that use boom mikes so big like that too.

So I double hate this commercial!

Not to mention Vince's bad hair!

YouTube - ShamWow (Full Length)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

There is a Scamwow Dub Parody there, but be warned if you search
for it that it is
Vulgar beyond reckoning, but funnier than heck if you don't mind lots of cussing. It's bad enough I won't post the link here but it's easy to find.

O-O

DTVUSA Member
What do you think is the worst advert ever created? I personally think it's this one Reebok ad where a guy is outrunning a giant beer belly. It's pretty funny, but it's nightmare fuel.
That's pretty annoying. ;)

There is a Scamwow Dub Parody there, but be warned if you search
for it that it is
Vulgar beyond reckoning, but funnier than heck if you don't mind lots of cussing. It's bad enough I won't post the link here but it's easy to find.
Hey, it even works on his shaved arms! No offense to shaved arm men out there.

How about some William "The Refrigerator" Perry barbeque sauce?????

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rluPOM7FnZc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Piggie

Super Moderator
How about some William "The Refrigerator" Perry barbeque sauce?????
It is one I have never seen. wonder if it's local to an area?

========

Edit: And of course without saying, any Billy Mays commercial is not only too loud, but irritating.
But to speak to the herd mentality of people, he actually is effect according to Wikipedia.
I used to use OxiClean before he promoted it. I stopped buying it when they hired him as a spokesman.

Last edited:

O-O

DTVUSA Member
It is one I have never seen. wonder if it's local to an area?

========

Edit: And of course without saying, any Billy Mays commercial is not only too loud, but irritating.
But to speak to the herd mentality of people, he actually is effect according to Wikipedia.
I used to use OxiClean before he promoted it. I stopped buying it when they hired him as a spokesman.
I think the Refrigerator Perry commercial is definitely local.

Piggie, I take it you won't be watching Billy Mays' new reality show, "Pitchmen" anytime soon? :p

Now for the most depressing Skittles advertisement ever.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exgpW2_MbRM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
1. The newest Geico ads

2. Vince/Billy Mays (Billy yells at me why? and Vince is creepy and ironically sell exactly the same products sans name changes)

3. Male Enhancement ads (always at dinnertime. great for losing weight after i lose my appetite)

4. Female odor and drugs to combat it (um, ick?)

5. Phone Dating 'hotties' (first of all, it's the 21st century, phone dating died in the late 80s; secondly, i'm not a stupid person obsessed with sex; third, is being up late after 10PM somehow indicating i'm a lonely guy without a love life?)

6. Robert Goldwater Law Firm ads (he's an ambulance-chaser--that's all i have to say; yamaha rolled over? sheesh that's a risk of ANY 4-wheeler or ATV!!!! talk about not taking responsibility!)

7. TheTruth/Above the Influence ads. (probably made by potheads, for potheads. and those TheTruth ads are creepy)

8. Commercials completely irrelevent of the product advertised.

9. Fast food ads where they show women intimately 'licking' their fingers after eating a big mac. as if McDonald's wasn't sick enough as it is...

10. Five! Five dollar! five dollar FOOTLOOOONG! (ok, it was a limited time promo, and it's even more annoying with idiots who cannot sing. it must DIE NOW!!!)

There's my top 10 ;) commercials that annoy do get 50% of their purpose across. while they get people talking, they're so off putting that i refuse to want to buy their product, meaning that as far as smart people go, the ad failed. commercials can be entertaining but apparently they are catering to our ever-increasing stupid population.

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
3. Male Enhancement ads (always at dinnertime. great for losing weight after i lose my appetite)
Same here. They are absolutely rediculous on the Spike channel, and I'm sure they pay extra considering the product they sell which but it's just too much. There's one where a guy and girl say the word, "Fun", like 10 times in 30 seconds. If you watch the way they word those comercials too, they're very careful. They know that if they make one false claim, the FDA will come down on them like crazy.

Piggie

Super Moderator
I think the Refrigerator Perry commercial is definitely local.

Piggie, I take it you won't be watching Billy Mays' new reality show, "Pitchmen" anytime soon? :p
no not unless it's a cage match or demolition derby with him and Vince.

Last edited:

Piggie

Super Moderator
You didn't mention the Popeye squint? FAIL! Seriously, I don't think he'll find work again as he's fallen into scandal, which the parody is based on (he beat up some lady of the night).
My bad!! Well maybe his flash in the pan is over. Now we need to start operation "Scorched Mays"......

There is a youtube audio-only clip of Billy Mays calling out Vince due to ripping off his products...

Doesn't vince like, have a product called the--

Billy: He's got the CRAP chop--i mean Slap chop!
Do i need to go farther and mention the Mucinex blob man?

Or the Digger the foot fungus?

And they always complained that kids got too much from Joe Camel, now they're advertising drugs with mascots?

Although personally, Joe Camel had taste, and i thought they were well done, considering i was about 5 years old but i never wanted to pick up a cigarrette anyways.

Last edited:

Aries

DTVUSA Member
One radio station in Tennessee, Eagle 94.3, they play good songs, but they advertise Ultra 90 like he's being blackmailed. And then this ad came on.

Woman on Radio: "Are you tired of hearing 'Ultra 90! Ultra 90! Ultra 90!'?"
Me: "YES!!"
Woman on Radio: "Geez, why do you hear it so much? Probably because it works!"
I have not listened to the Eagle 94.3 since.

Piggie

Super Moderator
If it works then you don't need to hear about it.

But the bottom line if it's true from the tiny bit of googling research is neg and obnoxious ads work.

I heard in 2010 mid terms Billy Mays will be doing political ads, not, lol. Then again if it really happened I would not be surprised.

============

BTW Aries, this turn into an active thread! Thanks for starting it :mad:)

Looks like you got your wish, Piggie. He probably ate one coronary-inducing Big City slider too many, especially after that bumpy landing. (In order for that burger making thing to work as advertised, you have to use high-fat meat. Lean meat doesn't "slide.")

It might backfire, though. It's better to hire a disgraced pitchman instead of a dead one.

Dime a dozen, those carnival-barking pitchmen. I've seen others on the air hawking other products, but they're not as annoying. I just hope they don't use the Enzyte ad guy, the one who plays "Smilin' Bob." I think I saw him hawking this, though: Home | Car Cash Loans - Auto Pawn, Title Car Loans, Car Title Loans, Collateral Loans I really wanna sock that smile off his face... :boxing:

Aries

DTVUSA Member
The guy behind Enzyte actually got a jail sentence and a massive fine when he admitted that Enzyte didn't even do anything. But yeah, I'd like to take Bob and send that smile round to the back of his head.