Worst Company In America Trophy Mailed To Comcast

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Worst Company In America Trophy Mailed To Comcast

From Consumerist.org:

10/5/2010
Dear Comcast,

Congratulations on winning the coveted Consumerist.com reader-awarded Worst Company in America prize. Mazel tov! (We apologize for the delay in sending this letter. We know how frustrating it can be to wait around for something that never shows up.)
Your consistent dedication to providing low-quality service at ever-rising prices, and aversion to upholding basic internet principles while also buying off Washington and lobbying against net neutrality has earned you a place in our hallowed pantheon. Kudos!

After several years of making it to the final rounds only to be squeezed out at the last minute, in 2010 you leapt ahead to clinch the brass ring, represented herein as the Golden Poo. We hope that it may find a place as special as the one reserved in our hearts for you. Perhaps on a mantel over a perpetually burning fireplace, or next to the Newton's cradle on Brian's desk.

On behalf of the entire staff at and readers of The Consumerist, I salute you.
Sincerely,

Ben Popken
Managing Editor
The Consumerist
P.S. Why'd you get rid of that Frank guy? He was great.

Worst Company In America Trophy Mailed To Comcast - The Consumerist

Last edited:

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
One of my neighbors works for Compost/Xfinity and the next time I see him I'll mention this 'award' to him. Finger in the eye. LOL+

Jim

SWHouston

Staff member
Pogi,

thanks for posting this VALUABLE information, and I MEAN IT !!!
I have had SO many problems with this company, it's past comical.
I can't believe the "now" commercials they have, professing their "intent".
It's nothing but crap, and I have a list of over FORTY complaints about their service (or lack of it).

Anyone who would consider actually buying a TV Service, should be completely aware of what they'd be getting into, in engaging with this Company.

ALL BE WARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good Day ! :)
S.W.

Last edited:

MrPogi

Staff member
SW,
If a company is good, It has a good reputation for its brand, and keeps its branding to keep that reputation.
If you suck, you change your name, and hope nobody notices.

It must be cheaper for them to chance their name to "Xfinity" than to actually fix the problems.

How stupid do they think we are - "Wow, it's a "new" cable company, now we won't have the problems we had with Comcast" Duh.

They must really suck, since they even beat out CHASE and BOA...

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
lol, gotta love the last picture of the cat on consumerist.org.

Anyone ever wonder if Comcast changed their name because so many people were calling them "Comcrap"?

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
They've definitely changed their name for marketing purposes. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in a fantasy. By the way, I had Comcast or Xfinity here this week. They did not wear shoe coverings to protect my carpet. I noticed that specifically since they make a big deal out of it in their commercials. Nice guy, but my problems may not be fixed,.

FOX TV

Contributor
Comcast, typical greedy company with no morals !!

Mr. Pogi, I couldn't agree more. Our local Comcast has been converting to all digital and taking channels away from the former analog tier, and not giving alternate choices, or refunds for the missing channels. They are a typical capitalist company that has been blinded by the same greed that is currently ruining this country, and the same greed that wants all of the radio spectrum for themselves. The local Comcast officials had to appear before city council, and of course city council sided with Comcast..Go figure !!

It is no surprise that city council sided with them, as big business has been ruling this country for 25 years or better according to Lou Dobbs in his book "Independents Day". I don't always agree with the Democrats, and Lou Dobbs has left leaning tendencies, but virtually everything he states in this book, I happen to agree with.

The Democrats used to be the party of the people, but lobbyists with their fists full of dollars have corrupted just about every facet of our political system, and we are now paying for it with the loss of freedoms and the loss of Independence, and most important in today's economy, the loss of hard earned dollars.

Lets clean house in the mid term elections, for we need to get rid of all career politicians, and replace them every two terms, no matter how good a job they SEEM to be doing. We need term limits for every public office in this land, including the Supreme Court. We need term limits, even for the Mayors Janitor in order to rid our political system of all of the greedy bastards who have been running it for the last 25 years or so. We need to start with Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reed, as they are the biggest threats to or pocket books today.

This can bee seen by all of the hidden agendas that were placed inside the Osama Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Bill and Hitlary Clintons Health care bill. What the hell does requiring businesses to file a form 1099 with any business they do over $600 a year worth of business with have to do with health care anyway?. No wonder there are not any jobs being created, because they simply just do not care, and are burdening businesses with to much governmental regulations, and the still unknown repercussions of all of the hidden regulations inside the Osama Obama Health care fiasco. They knew what their intent was when they passed this trash, and now most of the NON SHEEPLE of this country are finally wising up and seeing things for what they really are, instead of being blinded by the light of our self anointed Messiah. WAKE UP PEOPLE !!!

ITS REALLY TIME TO THROW THE BUMS OUT, NO MATTER WHAT B-C_-R says.

MrPogi

Staff member
Fox,
I agree with much of what you say. The gov. is outta control, and needs to be pared down (Republicans SAY that, but their actions are not in line with their words.) We need the ruling class to be abolished through term limits. This would help to eliminate special interests and the lack of long - term thinking (Does ANY politician think of anything beyond the current election cycle?)

Health care. IT NEEDS REFORM, and the new plan will only make things worse. example, my wife has had The Hartford deny her short term disability, despite the fact she still has time on her FMLA, and a note from the doctor. Now her choices are: Don't return to work, and loose her health insurance until January 1 (seems we can't pay the premium out of pocket for some stupid reason nobody can explain), or return to work against the doctors advice and our better judgement just to keep the medical. With a newborn in the house, no insurance is not an option. OR, we could try to fight the disability insurance, which we may win, but it would be a moot point because by the time we win, we've lost our medical. Fact is, when you really need your medical insurance, you'll be out of work. If you're out of work, you can't pay the insurance. You loose your insurance when you need it most.

Democrats, the party of BAD ideas, or Republicans, the party of NO ideas. (Lewis Black, comedian. Watch him, he's dead on.)

But enough political discourse, we've wandered well off topic. Back to TV, and why Comcast SUCKS.

dkreichen1968

Staff member
Comcrap/Compost/Infinitely Expensive stinks because they lie, lie, lie. How do you start someone out at $56 a month, and then after one year raise the bill to $114, and not expect people to view you as dishonest and greedy? If your service is worth $114 a month, then charge $114 a month for it. Don't bate a switch. I sent Comcast a letter telling them to please take my address off their advertising mailing list because I'd rather go without, phone, internet, and TV than buy it from them. Surprisingly, I haven't gotten anything from them since.

MrPogi

Staff member
Direct TV keeps begging me to come back, too... Comcast came to my door last month "We can save you money!"

I told him, beat my price and I'll sign up.

I pay $45 for internet, $2 for phone, $0 for TV, Taxes included.

He hung his head and walked away.

Price to value ratio of free TV is infinite...

Orrymain

If only you could get the same stuff on free TV. I need a new antenna or something but can't afford to even think about it, so have to stick with what I have and just downgrade. My OTA just doesnt' come in worth squat.

Orrymain

LOL Not your fault. Our antenna has been atop the house for decades but not really used all that much. It did okay for the locals until the OTA switch and after a day or two of some exciting channels coming in, it's been useless. It's probably rusted or something.

MrPogi

Staff member
No doubt, bad cable connections. An hours work and some emery cloth and connectors would fix that. Oh well if you have pay tv already it might not be worth the bother.

Orrymain

Actually, if I could get the antenna to work, because of my financial situation, I would probably go to the basic package. There are some really good channels that I should be receiving OTA that won't come in. Oh to know a handyman who knows antennas. LOL

Orrymain

I don't remember. I checked all of that stuff out when the transition first happened. I just really think it's the antenna because per all the charts I should be getting some neat channels. Back in the day before cable, I got good channels in fact.

SWHouston

Staff member
Orry,
Ok... but, things may have changed, why don't you post your TVF, and tell us what kind of antenna you have (or post a picture of it). It's possible that what kind of antenna you have, isn't appropriate for your current situation, or, it may have been blown/moved off target for some reason.

leighdu,
XXX cool avatar !! :D

Have a good Day ! :)
S.W.

Orrymain

Well let's see if this works ... here it is
Hope the link works. I saved the image but the image link here only works for URLs and not images.

This antenna is decades old. I couldn't tell you a single thing about it. When I was a kid, it had a rotate unit but that stopped working and was tossed decades back.