Worst Finalist Ever?

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Lots of people will probably say Sanjaya was the worst finalist ever, but I still remember Jim Verraros from Season One. How in the world did that guy make it to the top 12? I know he got a lot of pity votes because his parents were deaf, but it was up to the judges to put him into the top 24 to begin with. I've never understood that decision :confused:. Can anyone think of anyone WORSE than this guy?

i forgot her name, but she was on this last season...the chick with the skunk looking hair and people were always trying to compare her to janis joplin.....yeah, she was horrible!

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
i forgot her name, but she was on this last season...the chick with the skunk looking hair and people were always trying to compare her to janis joplin.....yeah, she was horrible!
I can't remember her name either but I know exactly who you are talking about. I couldn't stand the voice and most definitely couldn't stand those strange faces she made when she sang. Yep, she is for sure in the top 10 WORST for me too.

I personally couldn't stand Fantasia. OMG when she sang it sounded like it was coming out of her nose. She just sounded so nasally. I loved Jordan Sparks and Kelly Clarkson, but that's about it.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
I personally couldn't stand Fantasia. OMG when she sang it sounded like it was coming out of her nose. She just sounded so nasally. I loved Jordan Sparks and Kelly Clarkson, but that's about it.
Ooohh, I know what you mean about Fantasia. I wouldn't call her horrible but I cannot believe she was the winner that season. There were several others much better than her. Yes, she had an awesome personality, but isn't this a singing contest?

chris2k5

DTVUSA Jr. Member
Taylor Hicks is a horrible singer. He should have not even been picked to be in the top 20. He won and he didn't even release an album yet! His vocals are horrible and his dancing is horrendous. Even Katherine McPhee released an album!

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
Taylor Hicks is a horrible singer. He should have not even been picked to be in the top 20. He won and he didn't even release an album yet! His vocals are horrible and his dancing is horrendous. Even Katherine McPhee released an album!
Taylor released his first self titled album in December 2006 and it went certified platinum by RIAA in January 2007. Not sure where you heard or read that he never released an album, because he definitely did. However, it didn't really do him too much good because his record label dropped him a year later after that.

Fardreamer

DTVUSA Member
He actually has two albums listed on Amazon - his Taylor Hicks album from December 12, 2006 and last month's Early Works. To me, though, he was woefully underwhelming...not terrible to the max, but not exactly my musical cup of tea, either. He also, in case anyone is interested, has an MP3 download and a DVD due out in 2009.

leighdu

DTVUSA Member
He actually has two albums listed on Amazon - his Taylor Hicks album from December 12, 2006 and last month's Early Works. To me, though, he was woefully underwhelming...not terrible to the max, but not exactly my musical cup of tea, either. He also, in case anyone is interested, has an MP3 download and a DVD due out in 2009.

Thanks but no thanks about his Mp3 and Dvd :D. I didn't that Hicks was the worst contestant ever, but I certainly would never buy his albums.