Would you see a doctor like House?

He's abrasive, abrupt, obnoxious and rude. And those are his nice qualities. :) But if you had a life threatening disease, wouldn't you want the best doctor regardless of bedside manners?

iluvtv

DTVUSA Member
No I would not go see him, even if I was dying. Anybody who cares that little about their patients, would not have my full confidence. Now Billy Ray Cyrus on Doc, yee-doggie, I would see him in a heartbeat. I have even thought about moving to Montana because of him.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
No I would not go see him, even if I was dying. Anybody who cares that little about their patients, would not have my full confidence. Now Billy Ray Cyrus on Doc, yee-doggie, I would see him in a heartbeat. I have even thought about moving to Montana because of him.
lol

He's abrasive, abrupt, obnoxious and rude.
That sounds like half the people I work with. ;) I'd have to seriously exhaust all other options before going to someone like House.

Froix

DTVUSA Member
Someone like him in real life will have been banned from practicing medicine long before making a name for himself. He gets away with too much in the show. :p Still a good show though. :) It'd be real funny though if some doctor did try to act like House in RL.

If I had a life threatening illness I would definitely go and see House. I wouldn't care about his "manners" as long as he helps me get better...plus his team is nice so yes I would see Dr. House if my life depended on it.

sbsqrpnts

DTVUSA Jr. Member
I would not want to have a drugged out doctor like house taking care of me. I would be afraid of what he would do if I needed surgery or something. Would he really be able to perform the surgery all drugged out on pills? He is rude but all the doctors I have been to are similar in the fact that they don't spend very much time with me and just brush past what I am telling them so his attitude doesn't bother me as much as the pill popping.

I would not want to have a drugged out doctor like house taking care of me. I would be afraid of what he would do if I needed surgery or something. Would he really be able to perform the surgery all drugged out on pills? He is rude but all the doctors I have been to are similar in the fact that they don't spend very much time with me and just brush past what I am telling them so his attitude doesn't bother me as much as the pill popping.
I know!!! Why is it that most doctors seem so rude when they visit you. I'm sure there's an urgency for them, in which they have to hurry to the next patient.

I know of no other occupation where someone can treat their customers in such a manner. If I went to a car dealership, and received the same treatment, I would go elsewhere. I guess doctors figure that their patients have fewer alternatives.

Mei

DTVUSA Member
Even if he is the most intelligent and wise doctor, i would probably not see him. lol. it is true that he tries to experiment his patients but in the end he finds the cause and cure. but i will never want to experience it.:D

House seems as though he can be a jackass, but every time there is something wrong, he goes through so much to figure out a cure. There are times where he will be wrong, but that happens to every good doctor.

I would love to have House as my doctor.

house

House seems as though he can be a jackass, but every time there is something wrong, he goes through so much to figure out a cure. There are times where he will be wrong, but that happens to every good doctor.

I would love to have House as my doctor.
If you are the best of the best; act anyway you want! don't care about your attitude! Trust me. My doc is the coroner 12 years running. And you have to be voted in to be that. That says alot. I even asked him about that. Says "I make more money keeping you alive." Beat that!

Why would I not see a doctor like House. Honestly, would you rather die than be verbally attacked by the one person who can help you? I think I'll face my fears and get treated lol. He might be all those you stated but he is good at what he does.

Piggie

Super Moderator
I would see him in a heartbeat. I have never met anyone that was exceptional in their field that wasn't eccentric. Also he matches a lot of my personality so we might clash as co-workers, but him taking care of me in a dire situation, I would want the best and his direct approach.

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I would see him in a heartbeat. I have never met anyone that was exceptional in their field that wasn't eccentric.
Same here. I've always wondered if their eccentricity was a result of years of study (and possibly obsession) with their profession, or if they were born like that.