WTC Tower Seeks Radio, TV Signals

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
WTC.jpg
A battle is brewing for the airwaves over Manhattan.

One World Trade Center is seeking broadcasters - both TV and Radio - to lease space atop its new tower.
This could alter TV reception in and around the Big Apple for many viewers.

The owners of One World Trade Center are planning to install a broadcast antenna in the 1776-foot building's spire in a bid to lure some of the more than two dozen television and radio stations currently broadcasting from the Empire State Building.

The move—reviving an earlier broadcast plan that was dropped out of financial concerns—would inject some competition into the skies for the Empire State Building, which since the collapse of the original World Trade Center towers in 2001 has been the go-to broadcast site in the city.
WTC Tower Seeks Radio, TV Signals - WSJ.com

Trip

Moderator, , , Webmaster of: Rabbit Ears
Staff member
Last I heard, the broadcasters balked when they saw what the price would be. I wonder if they've lowered the price now.

- Trip

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Yea, I figure they'll have to match or beat the price that broadcasters are currently paying to lease on the Empire State Building.

Moving isn't going to be free, ya know.

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
... which since the collapse of the original World Trade Center towers in 2001 has been the go-to broadcast site in the city.
I don't remember the Twin Towers simply "collapsing". That is the most 'Politically Correct' version of the 9-11-2001 attacks on the USA I have ever read.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Comcast 0