X1 digital box picture locks up every night (digital box, not DVR)

J

jbrady33

So we have a DVR in the living room and an digital box in the bedroom. Every night after the nightly update time the digital box locks the picture on the screen like a freze frame - and stays that way until you change the channel

It wasn't always that way, started a month or 2 ago with occasional lock ups, now it is every night.

Why does this matter? My wife fights insomnia and leave the tv on with the sounds down on TCM. Something about having the picture running (with no jarring commercials) helps her sleep. That’s all ruined if she has to wake all the way up and do channel up/down.

I’m posting here as I am more likely to get a REAL answer – the call center will waste an hour or 2 having me do a system refresh (done several) unplug everything from the wall and plug back in (done) check all the connections (really? Done). Then they will want to send a tech. I will stay home from work to have a guy cut off all my cable ends and crimp new connectors, throw a tester on the line and say ‘you have great signal now!”

And the problem won’t change.

Anyone else run into this and is there a fix?

"X1 digital box picture locks up every night (digital box, not DVR)," is about XFinity-Comcast Television.

For other news regarding X1 digital box picture locks up every night (digital box, not DVR), and XFinity - Comcast Television, see our recommended stories below.