Xfinity OnDemand Audio playback error with several networks (2ch echo during show, commercials fine)

B

BdS76

I've experienced this issue on many different shows from different networks. It has gotten to the point that I prefer to stream these shows on my Chromecast directly from the network specific apps instead, so I'm wondering why I'm subscribing to cable at all.

What is occuring:

Commercials come through fine in Dolby Digital 5.1, but when the show audio starts, it reduces to 2 channels (Right and Left) and has an out of phase echo (like listening through a tube), which makes understanding voices difficult.

It is prevalent with every SyFy show (Nightflyers, The Magincians, and Deadly Class) that I have tried to start watching. I've also noticed it on Suits with USA, and some episodes of The Blacklist for NBC.

Searching Google, it seems this issue is not new. Unfortunately, no resolution was posted to this thread, even though an Xfinity agent responded.

EPISODE ERROR - Xfinity Stream audio error on USA/... - Xfinity Help and Support Forums - 3202440

Another side issue that I have discovered is that if a show times out from being on pause, or you hit stop to resume later, the progress jumps forward 10+ minutes to the start of a commercial break instead of starting where you left off.

I would appreciate an investigation and resolution for these problems. It seems most likely it is an issue with the stream source, not my system, since other shows are adequate (except for the excessive artifacting from compression).

Thank you for your time.

"Xfinity OnDemand Audio playback error with several networks (2ch echo during show, commercials fine)," is about XFinity-Comcast TV Television and On Demand.

For other news regarding Xfinity OnDemand Audio playback error with several networks (2ch echo during show, commercials fine), and XFinity - Comcast and On Demand, see our recommended stories below.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Questions and Answers 0
E Comcast 0
L DirecTV 0