You have got to love Ebay

What is there not to like about Ebay? A community where we can sell our no longer used items is awesome. Many actually run a business out of their homes using Ebay. They scourer their local Goodwill or Salvation Army stores for great deals and then sell them on Ebay for a profit. My boys play youth hockey and Ebay is a great place to get great deals on equipment.

Yea, I get that. It is easy to spend. When I first opened my account years ago the bid option was very popular. It seems that the buy it now option is most popular now. There was something fun about being in a bidding war.

Bidding wars can be fun but 9 times out of 10 you end up paying too much by the time you win the bid. I make homemade jewlery and soap as part of our family business and I use Ebay for our supplies many times. I cant afford to overpay by getting into a bidding war so I tend to look for buy it now options mostly.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I really love Ebay as well. Because you can find everything there. There are even things that you can buy on there, you would normally get at walmart or something, for actually cheaper. Which is nice

I really love Ebay as well. Because you can find everything there. There are even things that you can buy on there, you would normally get at walmart or something, for actually cheaper. Which is nice
Depends on the shipping. Yes you might be able to find something for 3-5 bucks cheaper than at walmart but then you end up paying more than that for the shipping. There is also the wait time. Sometimes it is better to pay a little more and go get something off the shelf at the locals tore than to save a few dollars and wait a week for something to get shipped to you.

I really don't know the most efficient way to use Ebay. Sometimes I just want something for really cheap immediately, and don't really like the bidding aspect of it (though I know that's the point). I usually end up just going on Amazon if it's something relatively generic.

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
I haven't logged on to Ebay in years, but I still love that it exists. It's one of those fundamentally life-altering inventions that make it difficult to remember what life was like before. Lots of aspects of the internet are like that - YouTube, Amazon, and Facebook all have become woven indelibly into the fabric of our society. I lived plenty of my adult life before any of those sites came to be, but it's almost impossible to imagine life without them.

Honestly 50% of the items on eBay are cheaper than you can find them anywhere. For instance I got 5x adapters for an iPhone for about $3 with shipping included. Any small electronic items, like cords, USB, etc are much cheaper on eBay. In my experience almost everything is cheaper on eBay than Amazon

I think that is ingenious to buy things from the thrift store and then sell it for more than you paid. I mean I know the point is to make a profit but I would have never thought to do that. I always assumed that the products were things that the seller had at the house. I'm referring to the used goods when I saw this. As for the newer things I know they were either personally made or bought wholesale. I used to buy a lot off Ebay but now I'm more into Amazon.

I make jewelry and homemade soaps and have tried to sell the stuff on ebay. Not having much luck and i feel the prices are far better than when others are selling similar things for. So I am not sure what's up with that but it is kind of frustrating.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I think that is ingenious to buy things from the thrift store and then sell it for more than you paid. I mean I know the point is to make a profit but I would have never thought to do that. I always assumed that the products were things that the seller had at the house. I'm referring to the used goods when I saw this. As for the newer things I know they were either personally made or bought wholesale. I used to buy a lot off Ebay but now I'm more into Amazon.
I will actually use Ebay for most things. But I also like amazon for other things. Normally I use amazon for things like my printer/fax/copier all in one. It was only 100$ and something. Also have used Ebay for a blu-ray player(One that you would normally get for like 60-70$ or more, depending on where you go) for only 20.78$ Now I am using Ebay for my third child's bouncer,play pen and other stuff.

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
I really don't know the most efficient way to use Ebay. Sometimes I just want something for really cheap immediately, and don't really like the bidding aspect of it (though I know that's the point). I usually end up just going on Amazon if it's something relatively generic.
I do the same. Something about eBay makes me feel uncomfortable, but I know for a fact that Amazon always delivers with quality. Also, Weird Al's song about eBay kinda ruined it for me forever.

MMkaho

DTVUSA Member
Ebay is not that bad Been a user for almost 2 years No bad products and i have made prolly about $200 in 2 weeks from selling stuff i had laying around though i have found alot of the good deals at least for the items i'm trying to get come from over seas which sucks for waiting time

I've found now especially with both of my boys playing hockey, I can find great deals some of their equipment. My oldest is a goal and I was able to purchase $400 goal pads for 50 bucks and his goal helmet was only 60! That is a crazy deal and they were in GREAT shape. My kids are still growing so it makes zero sense to buy new if I can purchase something of quality used. My youngest uses it to purchase Jersey cards as well to add to his hockey card collection. We really use it more now then we have in years.