You sit back, relax, have a new season of your favorite show starting and...

Marisa

DTVUSA Member
what do you snack on and drink? Do you sit and watch the whole time or do you get up and do things while you have a show on? I could use some popcorn and chocolate right now. May have to go raid the kitchen :D

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Normally if we are watching a new season of our favorite show, which is now done. We had pop and either something sweet or we were eating dinner. But always seemed to have a pop on hand.

Hubby and I usually have dinner while we watch something. The kiddo still goes to bed early most nights so he has dinner before us and is asleep by the time we are ready for dinner. So we have out dinner most nights while watching either WWE, Dr Who, or a movie or something.

Lily13

DTVUSA Member
I don't think I'm much of an eater... If I'm watching a football match, I usually make some late dinner, usually something like grilled cheese sandwiches, that's my favorite... Usually during the first minutes I run between the kitchen and the tv room, trying not to miss anything and not to get my sandwiches burnt! But when I watch a tv show, I don't really eat anything.

I don't think I'm much of an eater... If I'm watching a football match, I usually make some late dinner, usually something like grilled cheese sandwiches, that's my favorite... Usually during the first minutes I run between the kitchen and the tv room, trying not to miss anything and not to get my sandwiches burnt! But when I watch a tv show, I don't really eat anything.
That is how I used to be- not much of an eater while watching tv. And if we are watching something at a time other than dinner time i just usualy have bottle of water or something. But now with a little one around the schedules are getting all mixed up LOL

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
Hubby and I usually have dinner while we watch something. The kiddo still goes to bed early most nights so he has dinner before us and is asleep by the time we are ready for dinner. So we have out dinner most nights while watching either WWE, Dr Who, or a movie or something.
We, normally have the kids sit in the dinning room and eat, while we watch a show in the living room. After the show is over and everyone has eaten they get showers and then off to bed. Then after they have went to bed, its relaxation time for us. Myself its reading a book, my husbands is playing call of duty before bed.

Marisa

DTVUSA Member
I'm trying to go sugar free and healthier, but am not always successful.
Lots of "healthy" snacks are available if you make them right, like hot air popcorn instead of microwaved, you can control which topping you put on it.
Always read the labels though because something seemingly healthy often isn't, like frozen yogurt. Though I did find a frozen sorbet this winter that was raspberry and almost all ingredients were fruit juices or fruit itself and it was really yummy and you could tell they didn't have too much sugar added so it was a nice compromise! Also spending a bit more on ice cream made from real dairy (if your family can have dairy) seems to be healthier when you look at the ingredients. Another favorite for us is pumpkin pie and cheese cakes. I know they are both high in fat but pumpkin is still a good source of fiber regardless of whether its in pie form or not, of course its still not a "healthy" snack but its a healthier choice than a bag of chips... and cheese cakes are super filling so a small slice can hit the right spot and cream cheese is high in protein. Again not a healthy choice but better than a lot of alternatives. I try to find snacks that have at least some nutritional value instead of the label that says "does not contain any protein, vitamins or minerals"

I don't like eating snacks in front of a screen -- makes me feel pretty gross. But I do eat meals in front of my laptop and that helps me segue into 100% comfort and enjoyment :)

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
Lots of "healthy" snacks are available if you make them right, like hot air popcorn instead of microwaved, you can control which topping you put on it.
Always read the labels though because something seemingly healthy often isn't, like frozen yogurt. Though I did find a frozen sorbet this winter that was raspberry and almost all ingredients were fruit juices or fruit itself and it was really yummy and you could tell they didn't have too much sugar added so it was a nice compromise! Also spending a bit more on ice cream made from real dairy (if your family can have dairy) seems to be healthier when you look at the ingredients. Another favorite for us is pumpkin pie and cheese cakes. I know they are both high in fat but pumpkin is still a good source of fiber regardless of whether its in pie form or not, of course its still not a "healthy" snack but its a healthier choice than a bag of chips... and cheese cakes are super filling so a small slice can hit the right spot and cream cheese is high in protein. Again not a healthy choice but better than a lot of alternatives. I try to find snacks that have at least some nutritional value instead of the label that says "does not contain any protein, vitamins or minerals"
We got a hot air popper for under $20 and a huge bag of popcorn is a few bucks. A spray bottle filled with buttery popcorn flavor oil, a few seasoning sprinkles (ranch and cheese!) and salt - and we're at about $30 for a whole year of movie popcorn. Drinks? Water, coffee, cocoa, or fruit smoothies. No candy, cookies, etc.

And NO SODA. It's Bad For Ya.

We do keep a few bags of microwave popcorn at home for when we send the kids to the sitter's house.

Funafuti

DTVUSA Member
Popcorn and soda are part of the ritual for me at the movie theater, but I have no such set routine at home. Pretzels and milk work for me, but on some special occasions maybe a bowl of ice cream is called for.

If it's a program I'm interested in, I don't really like to be doing other things while I'm watching. If I wasn't interested enough to pay attention, I would just leave the TV off. The exception for me is a baseball game. I'll sit and watch an inning, and then when the commercials come on I'll frequently start a task that might keep me away from the set even after the game is back on.

If I'm going to sit down and watch TV I like to eat crunch and munch. I like the caramel as well as the buttery toffee flavor.If I don't have any crunch and munch then usually I have some rice krispy treats. I am a true sugar baby. I love snacks no matter what I'm doing.

FWAmie

DTVUSA Member
I have actually now noticed now that instead of candy and stuff in front of a movie, its been callflower and ranch for me. But that is most likely cause I am pregnant LOL

Cadus

DTVUSA Member
what do you snack on and drink? Do you sit and watch the whole time or do you get up and do things while you have a show on? I could use some popcorn and chocolate right now. May have to go raid the kitchen :D
I might grab something to eat or drink, but I am not doing anything to draw my attention away from my show. I refuse to miss a single line of script or a piece of scenery because I'm doing something else. If a show isn't worth watching the entire time, then it probably isn't a good show. *cough* sitcoms *cough*