Your Biggest TV?

dtvnerd

DTVUSA Member
What is the biggest tv that you have in your house? It doesn't matter what kind, except it can not be a projection screen!

My biggest is the one in my living room. A nice 52" LCD on the wall. It suites me :)

25" Magnavox TouchTune. but to me, the 25" console is still a pretty big screen. i don't know about all of the rest of you out there. looks a lot better in Digital that it ever did on grainy analog cable. it looks even bigger in a small travel trailer that i live in.

And i don't have to worry about it falling off the wall. one thing for sure, the TouchTune's Stereo sound speakers' bass output eclipses any of those new HDTV LCD TVs, mom's Olevia is really sucky on bass, but great on everything else. but i say you cannot have SRS without the Bass. that's vital. Plus, the oak cabinet is nice storage for a VCR or DVD player/recorder. no entertainment center required. and you can use that too through the TV speakers.

What i really want though is one of them 25" TV/AM-FM Stereo/Phonograph multiplex units, those were cool. they had a hidden TV inside plus the top lifts up and there's a stereo! i still think it's cool. it's a coffee table that converts!

Last edited:

Jason Fritz

Administrator
Staff member
I had a 55" Rear Projection HDTV a few years back. It was huge and heavy! Got rid of it after lugging it up and down a flight of stairs a couple of years ago (250 pounds is too much for 2 people!). Pretty happy now with my 40" Mitsubishi LCD but the built-in OTA digital tuner seems to change channels pretty slow.

pghmyn

DTVUSA Member
The biggest one I have in in my bedroom and it's a 42" Sony BRAVIA. It's a great TV for any room in the house. I really like the great picture the tv gives me when I watch my movies.

casey

DTVUSA Member
My living room isn't too big, so the biggest one I have is 37" and it is a good fit. If I had a bigger room, I would probably have a bigger tv set. If I was to put a bigger one in here, there would be such a strain on my eyes.

i'm more worried about the strain on my wallet. plus i heard those new LCD TVs are short-lived if you're an avid viewer. about 2-5 years and the backlight goes dead.

My biggest is the DLP tv I got a few years ago. I bought a 73" Mitsubishi TV for my rec room in the basement. The TV is amazing, and the size is great for the room. Some people might think it would be too big, but when you can see it from all the way across the room, you learn to like it.

dtvnerd

DTVUSA Member
My biggest is the DLP tv I got a few years ago. I bought a 73" Mitsubishi TV for my rec room in the basement. The TV is amazing, and the size is great for the room. Some people might think it would be too big, but when you can see it from all the way across the room, you learn to like it.
Wow. A 73" TV in a room. That would never fit in my house anywhere. If I put it even in my biggest room, I would strain my eyes because it would be too close. I have seen one of those big TVs in the store, and it is just huge.

misha

DTVUSA Member
A nice big 73" TV would look great in my living room right now. Would you might lending that to me for a week, maybe a year or two :)

The prices are getting cheaper, so who knows...I might pick one up in the future.

wowdoo

DTVUSA Jr. Member
The biggest TV I have is 50" and it is plenty for me. I have it on a nice stand in my living room, and it looks great with the room. If it was any bigger, I wouldn't like it. If it was smaller, I wouldn't like it either.

deeteevee

DTVUSA Jr. Member
It really doesn't matter how big your TV is, it really all depends on the placement of it. The way you watch your shows can sometimes be better for how big they are on your wall. People sometimes don't think about that.

wowdoo

DTVUSA Jr. Member
It really doesn't matter how big your TV is, it really all depends on the placement of it. The way you watch your shows can sometimes be better for how big they are on your wall. People sometimes don't think about that.
That is so true. Some people are so focused on how big their TV is right now, and they are looking past the fact that there is much more to TV. Your TV can only get so big.

I must say, you guys probably don't have enough mouths to feed with all your huge TV sets! Anyway, the biggest I have is a 29" CRT TV! Haha! Take that! Oh well, if you do not watch that much TV I guess this will suit your needs. However, I can not deny having a 40" LCD HD TV would also look lovely in my house regardless of its functionality.

My biggest television is my 27 inch set in the family room. I thought about buying a 47" television back in January or February but just decided it was an unnecessary expenditure.

Plus those new fancy TVs won't ever live as long as a older set that cost the same when it was new. back when the more money you spent, the better quality you got. not anymore :(

I remember our first VCR. a Curtis-Mathes top loader. thing cost about a grand and weighed over 30 lbs. but it lasted 20+ years. i think we got what we paid for. unfortunately today you buy a TV for the same or a little less (or over) it barely lasts 5 years if you're lucky. plus don't forget the environmental impact of people suddenly throwing out still-working sets in the garbage (vs. giving to those less fortunate, what a wasteful society we have become :( )

Whatever happened to 'if it ain't broke, don't fix/replace it?'

OR, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle? what i do everytime i find a set in the garbage, i reuse it. or sell it. why is that so hard to do people?

Last edited:

1inxs

DTVUSA Member
Oh crap! And all this time I was told size does matter:D Other than my projector I think one of my HDTVs is 40".

We just moved in, and we have to re-do our basement, where our big TV will be.
We just got a new one for upstairs, and it's 32".
Downstairs we're getting a 52" one.

cherokeeflyer

DTVUSA Jr. Member
What is the biggest tv that you have in your house? It doesn't matter what kind, except it can not be a projection screen!

My biggest is the one in my living room. A nice 52" LCD on the wall. It suites me :)
My largest TV, is also my main TV. It is a front projection setup. An Infocus IN76 720P projector and a Carrada 118" screen. I also have 42" and 50" Samsung DLP TVs.