Your favorite defunct channel

Every once in a while you may find a channel that you love, only for it to either get discontinued for some reason or changed, or even merged into another channel for whatever reason.

What channels come to mind for you, and why did you like the channel so much?

Aaron62

Contributor
Staff member
Hmm, I can think of many more shows than channels that have been discontinued. I do miss the old MTV before they became Reality TV Central. Does that count? ;)

Fringe Reception

Super Moderator, Chief Content Editor
Staff member
One of my two PBS Stations, had three subchannels for a short time last summer but now they carry only one sub, MHZ World which is excellent. They dropped 'Create' and another one I cannot recall, but I appreciated the variety they offered at the time.

Jim

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
my list is long

one that liked watch and were my favorite was married with children were very funny the tv show, i do not know why the channel or the seasons is over, other programm that liked was early edition was an interesting tv show also liked watch on TV due to south was an canadian tv show also liked the old format of saturday night live, i find the new format and scheme of persons and artist invited to the show is not of my taste really.

those programms were here broadcasted by the Sony Channel , they broadcast the american tv shows and also the warner brothers channel too. on the Chilean cable TV.

also i liked watch an tv show called dinosaurs

YouTube - dinosaurs- NOT THE MAMA!

the funny was the baby sinclair phrase not the mama!!!

that programm was broadcasted by an chilean channel the channel 13 of the catholic university of Chile.

long list no?

Francisco

scandiskwindows9x

Moderator of DTV Latino
well my list is

married with Children
early edition
Due south
the old format of saturday night live

was an serie called dinoraurs that was funny when the sinclair baby said the phrase not to mama!!

that tv programms were very good, is a shame that they do not broadcast anymore and the tv just be full of realities shows and stupid programms, also miss the MTV channel, now just broadcast realities shows and the VH1 mexican signal too just realities shows and the good music clips are broadcasted too late at midnight or 1 -2 AM

Hmm, I can think of many more shows than channels that have been discontinued. I do miss the old MTV before they became Reality TV Central. Does that count? ;)
Yes, MTV can count since the channels central focus has changed so much since it was first created.

Although I never liked the fact that the channel had a way of telling kids what music was "cool" or not, which was pretty damn stupid, because it meant many kids would just listen to certain music to be "cool" and fit in, as opposed to looking into some lesser known (and often quite better) music.