Your Local News

Orrymain

, Blogger: Orry's Orations
It seems local news grew in viewership during 2013. I know I watched mine a bit more than I used to. Not sure why, to be honest, but I did. Even the struggling late night news increased, though that was barely noticeable. Media Bistro reported:

Viewership climbed 6% in the morning (5 to 7 a.m.) and 3% in the early evening (5 to 7 p.m.) newscasts, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis. The audience barely edged up—by .1%—in the late night slot (11 p.m.), a newscast that had suffered the biggest decreases in recent years.
and
Pew reports the viewership increases were the result of a strong November sweeps period: the morning news grew by 12%, evening news was up 8% and late night was up 6%.

AG99

DTVUSA Member
I don't watch the news because I find it so biased. I prefer to get it online instead. It's harder to slant the story when you have to read it and you can usually spot biased headlines before having to click on them. As for local news, I'm a cord-cutter and I live in the mountains where we don't get the signal so I don't watch that either.

The thing that annoyed me most about cable news channels (Fox, MSNBC, CNN) was how sensationalized it all was. There was very little actual news; it was all commentary. That's one of the reasons I cancelled my cable years ago.