YouTube now has classic TV shows and Full Length too!

That's right folks, full length classic shows on YouTube. Not really sure how long they've offered this, but it's new to me.

Here are a few of the shows:

Star Trek: The Original Series 72 Episodes 2 Clips
Original Outer Limits 5 Episodes
MacGyver 122 Episodes 1 Clips
Beverly Hills 90210 87 Episodes 2 Clips
Trouble with Father 23 Episodes
Beverly Hillbillies 23 Episodes

YouTube Classic TV Shows

Aries

DTVUSA Member
Awesome, I always gave Beverly Hillbillies a watch when I had the chance. Really funny show that, the old lady always makes me laugh.

"So yesterday it was possum pie, what is it today?"
"Leftovers."

I love how deadpan she is.

O-O

DTVUSA Member
That's right folks, full length classic shows on YouTube. Not really sure how long they've offered this, but it's new to me.

Here are a few of the shows:

Star Trek: The Original Series 72 Episodes 2 Clips
Original Outer Limits 5 Episodes
MacGyver 122 Episodes 1 Clips
Beverly Hills 90210 87 Episodes 2 Clips
Trouble with Father 23 Episodes
Beverly Hillbillies 23 Episodes

YouTube - Watch TV shows on YouTube
Sweet, they've got the He-Man cartoon. :popcorn:

They also have Voltron, SWAT KATS, and the complete series of Star Trek Voyager, DS9, and TNG. they did have the Animated Series but i haven't searched for awhile, since they are already on my hard drive.

They also have Thundercats, Looney Tunes, and Hanna-barbera classics. (such as Tom & Jerry)

I do wish they'd put up Airwolf though, on Hulu it has been slow at buffering after 1PM lately.

divxhacker

DTVUSA Member
I do wish they'd put up Airwolf though, on Hulu it has been slow at buffering after 1PM lately.
I don't like Hulu's "realtime messaging protocol" system which uses a Java chat session to send FLV frames to your browser. Unfortunately it's the only place where NBC/Universalis-owned shows can be seen online.

It was on Youku but it was slow too (although you'd get at least 7 minutes, on Hulu recently after 1PM it won't even get past the intro without pausing) but now Youku has my region blocked for some reason, it's not a DVD so why is my region blocked? (USA)

Airwolf was an awesome show. i do hope it stays a classic and doesn't get the reboot treatment the others did. back in the 1980s it was always fun to see 'techy' shows involving cars or helicopters, or evil War Computers (WOPR, Wargames) today, it's been done and a new show would again mimic stupid CGI crap. it was more impressive when it didn't have all those computer generated effects to work with, made for a more realistic show.

Funny irony, after all those awesome fight scenes that helicopter was used for, the Bell-222 used as Airwolf was sold to someone who then crashed it flying through a thunderstorm. a thunderstorm! it fought government, bombs, rockets, missiles, and a t-storm takes it out.

Last edited:
MGM made a channel and suprisingly they are showing all the same movies they show on THIS-TV. Anyone see that?
hadn't seen that either. Between YouTube and Hulu, there's a pretty good selection of stuff to watch. Not even close enough yet to shut off cable service though.

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios will kick off the partnership by posting episodes of its decade-old “American Gladiators” program to YouTube, along with full-length action films like “Bulletproof Monk” and “The Magnificent Seven” and clips from popular movies like “Legally Blonde.” These will be free to watch, with ads running alongside the video.
Now YouTube is trying harder to make friends with Hollywood — and emulate the appeal of Hulu, a joint venture of NBC and Fox. Along with its MGM relationship, YouTube has recently forged ties with the independent studio Lionsgate and with CBS, which this month started posting to YouTube full-length episodes of older shows like “Star Trek” and “Beverly Hills 90210.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/10/business/media/10mgm.html