YouTube on Roku - Problems playing some videos?

bunny22

DTVUSA Member
I'm using the official YouTube channel on the Roku (which as only been available for a few weeks on my model). When I go to play some videos, the "loading" circle just spins and spins, but the video never plays. I've found a workaround, to go to the video before or after, and "skip" ahead to the video I actually want to see. (Sending the video from my phone also works, but that doesn't help my non-techie family members when I'm not there.)

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any possible solutions? (And no, suggesting that I use another channel/app is not a solution.)

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I just added the channel, and haven't used it much yet. I've been using PlayOn to watch YouTube on my Roku LT and XS. I'll let you know if I have any problems using the official YouTube Channel, but can you tell me what model Roku you are using, and name a video or two that give you problems? Also, have you tried changing your settings on YouTube to show lower quality video?

Last edited:

MrPogi

Moderator, , Webmaster of Cache Free TV
Staff member
I have been using the channel for a week now on my XS model and no problems. I'll try the channel on my LT now.
What model Roku are you using?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BrownLJ Roku 1
rokucomlinksupport Roku 0
G Questions and Answers 0